• Under the direct supervision of the Compliance, Risk & Safety Manager, under the guidance of the Corporate Compliance Director, the Asset Protection Specialist implements efforts to prevent and minimize the loss of company assets by administering policies, procedures, programs and practices which protect those assets.
• Monitor loss prevention systems and safety practices at all facilities, both on and off-site, as assigned by the Asset Protection Manager, under the guidance of the Corporate Compliance Director.
Exemplary Duties / Responsibilities:
• Assist in the safeguarding of company funds, property and merchandise, including donated goods.
• Using overt and covert means reports, investigates and takes appropriate action on any internal or external incidents of or unauthorized possession of company property to include shoplifting and employee dishonesty.
• Monitor CCTV surveillance equipment.
• Assist in the company’s illness and injury prevention program by monitoring safety programs and practices as assigned by the Compliance, Risk & Safety Manager.
• Assist in the training of other employees in safety and asset protection.
• Use good interpersonal skills such as courteousness, sensitivity, politeness and thoughtfulness in dealings with the public and Goodwill employees and participants.
• Drives on company business as required.
• Respond to emergency calls and alarm activation calls on a 24/7 basis.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Some College Required.
• Minimum five years’ experience in loss prevention, law enforcement or investigative services.
• Retail and or wholesale distribution experience preferred.
PHYSICAL JOB DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to:
• Stand for long periods of time without sitting or resting
• Bend, lift, pull, push up to 50 lbs. of material
• Apprehend and detain shoplifters
• Use physical restraints including handcuffs
• Defend self if approached and/or attacked by a shoplifter and/or suspect
Working knowledge of current laws relating to security issues as they affect employer/employees, customers and others who have contact with or who do business with the organization.
• Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact with all
levels of management, employees, customers, law enforcement and the general public.
• Ability to write accurate, concise and grammatically correct memoranda and
• Maintains high level of confidentiality.
• Support ethical standards of organization.