Asset Protection Specialist
- Under the direct supervision of the Compliance, Risk & Safety Manager, under the guidance of the Corporate Compliance Director, the Asset Protection Specialist implements efforts to prevent and minimize the loss of company assets by administering policies, procedures, programs and practices whichprotect those assets.
- Monitorloss prevention systems and safety practices at all facilities, both on and off-site, as assigned by the Asset Protection Manager, under the guidance of the Corporate Compliance Director.
Exemplary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assistin the safeguarding of company funds, property and merchandise, including donated goods.
- Using overt and covert means reports, investigatesand takes appropriate action on any internal or external incidents of or unauthorized possession of company property to include shoplifting and employee dishonesty.
- MonitorCCTV surveillance equipment.
- Assistin the company’s illness and injury prevention program by monitoring safety programs and practices as assigned by the Compliance, Risk & Safety Manager.
- Assistin the training of other employees in safety and asset protection.
- Usegood interpersonal skills such as courteousness, sensitivity, politeness and thoughtfulness in dealings with the public and Goodwill employees and participants.
- Drives on companybusiness as required.
- Respond to emergency calls and alarm activation calls on a 24/7 basis.
- Performs other dutiesas required.
- Some College Required.
- Minimumfive years’ experience in loss prevention, law enforcement or investigative services.
- Retail and or wholesale distribution experience preferred.
PHYSICAL JOB DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to:
- Stand for long periods of time without sitting or resting
- Bend, lift, pull, push up to 50 lbs. of material
- Apprehend and detain shoplifters
- Use physical restraints including handcuffs
- Defend self if approached and/or attacked by a shoplifter and/or suspect
Working knowledge of current laws relating to security issues as they affect employer/employees, customers and others who have contact with or who do business with the organization.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact with all levels of management, employees, customers, law enforcement and the general public.
- Ability to write accurate, concise and grammatically correct memoranda and reports.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Support ethical standards of organization.
Core Competencies I:
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies;
- Confidentiality – Understands and adheres to high level confidentially in all work related information discussions and information sharing in all meetings of the board, and by upper level staff.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to Goodwill core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics, people and/or situations
- Task Management –Communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits employee feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others ideas and tries new things
- Verbal Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills effectively; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork –Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; promotes inclusiveness, puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Diversity –Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment. Must be able to work with diverse cultures, as well as those with barriers to employment, inclusive of disabled populations.
- Inclusion & Equality – Is inclusive, shows respect and sensitivity for all differences; gender, sexual orientation, and culture. Promotes equality in all aspects of work-life at Goodwill SOLAC
- Must possess and retain a valid California motor vehicle driver’s license with liability insurance and a DMV printout that is acceptable to the organizations insurance carrier.
- Must be willing to use his/her personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- Positive attitude.
- Dependable, consistent performance.
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to work with minimum
- Availability for varied work schedules.
- Knowledge of CCTV and other surveillance systems.
- Bilingual ability a plus.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standard of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Goodwill is a culturally diverse and inclusive organization.