The E-Commerce Manager is directly responsible for driving sales, meeting and exceeding sales and expense goals, managing expenses, and monitoring productivity of Shop Goodwill. The E-Commerce Manager gathers, interprets, and analyzes data to maximize efficiencies and profitability. This position reports directly to the District Manager.
Exemplary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Trains and evaluates all E-Commerce team members.
- Manages staff and resources to meet and exceed production, sales and expense goals
- Manages inventory and order fulfillment for Ecommerce Store (E-Collectibles and Jewelry)
- Plans and implements online selling strategies, including markdowns and online promotions with different online marketplaces
- Explores new avenues to grow the E-Commerce department sales
- Collect data reflective of online media sales, including, but not limited to: sales volume on all markets, inventory received, inventory aging, inventory on hand, shipping, material costs and any other direct costs and expenditures.
- Maintains quality of listings with E-Commerce Clerks
- Maintains relationships and utilizes outside authenticators for the E-Commerce Store.
- Records store e-sales, receipts and deposits utilizing proper internal audit safeguard procedures.
- Works with stores that are not at the determined % goal, to ensure that they meet their targets. Maintains weekly reports to keep the stores updated.
- Ensures Kaizen production methods are in place and followed
- Provides excellent customer service, both internally and externally and facilitates team work with all other departments
- Meets and exceeds industry standards for customer service
- Manages and resolves customer service issues, pickups and returns
- Monitors supplies and orders when needed
- Creates and prepares reports for Senior Management and stores
- Facilitates E-Commerce training at all new hire orientations and selected Stores Manager meetings.
- Ensures that housekeeping, safety, and security is maintained, reporting all needed repairs, problems and/or hazards immediately
- Safeguards company property, including donated goods. Reports any incidents of theft, unauthorized possession of company property, dishonest or fraudulent behavior
- Follows all company policies and procedures
- Acts safely at all times, following all safety rules and regulations.
- Uses good interpersonal skills such as courtesy, sensitivity, politeness and thoughtfulness.
- Performs other duties as requires
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, Internet marketing or a closely related major preferred.
- Previous retail or e-commerce supervisory experience of at least five (5) years.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work a flexible shift, including weekends and evenings.
- Expert understanding of spreadsheets, databases, website design, search engine optimization (SEO) and e-marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of process from product sourcing to ultimate sale
- Complete knowledge of customer service standards
- Detail oriented with proven skills in maintaining accurate and complete records
- E-commerce marketplace experience required
- Expert understanding of Amazon Marketplace/Ebay listings preferred
- Strong knowledge of computer use, familiarity with online sales vendors and related software programs.
- Outlook and Excel skills required
- Strong understanding of Web analytic software that tracks the success of a site
- Thorough knowledge of modern technology and social media
- Ability to recognize and correct operational inefficiencies/improve processes
- Maintain and enhance postings for Shop Goodwill to capture and exceed revenue quotas.
- Develop new methods of identification and collection of Shop Goodwill items.
- Ability to work with a variety of people cooperatively
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to operate basic office machines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to operate basic office machines and know office procedures
- Ability to partner with field leadership and articulate/present plans for any new advances or initiatives to improve the company’s online presence and e-sales
- Proven social media working experience
- Ability to multitask and to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
Core Competencies I:
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies;
- Confidentiality – Understands and adheres to high level confidentially in all work related information discussions and information sharing in all meetings of the board, and by upper level staff.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to Goodwill core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values.
- Honesty and Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in workplace.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics, people and/or situations
- Task Management –Communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits employee feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others ideas and tries new things
- Verbal Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills effectively; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork –Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; promotes inclusiveness, puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Diversity –Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment. Must be able to work with diverse cultures, as well as those with barriers to employment, inclusive of disabled populations.
- Inclusion & Equality – Is inclusive, shows respect and sensitivity for all differences; gender, sexual orientation, and culture. Promotes equality in all aspects of work-life at Goodwill SOLAC
- Conflict of Interest – At no time can this position operate or participate with another online seller for the personal gain, while employed with Goodwill.
Valid CA Driver’s License, clean DMV record and be insurable to drive company vehicles.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standard of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Goodwill is a culturally diverse and inclusive organization.