- Under directions of the Janitorial Supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping all buildings and grounds in clean, safe, and orderly condition.
- Responsible for weekly deep cleaning of various retail stores restrooms, kitchen and external windows.
- May be assigned to clean outside properties at contracted janitorial locations.
- Adheres to written work schedules and/or written work statements.
- Operates various janitorial cleaning equipments.
- Assist in set-up’s for meetings and special events.
Exemplary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Duties include sweeping floors, wet and dry mopping floors; stripping, waxing and machine burnishing floors.
- Spot cleaning, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, furniture dusting, emptying trash receptacles, wash windows, and disinfect office equipments.
- Sanitize restrooms fixtures and re-stock dispensers.
- Weed pulling, rubbish removal and pressuring washing outside walls and concrete walkways.
- Reports safety hazards to the department supervisor. Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work independently.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one to three years working experience or schooling in related field.
- Must have knowledge of cleaning chemicals.
- Must have knowledge of operating various janitorial equipments.
- Must have knowledge of floor care.
Certifications in floor care maintenance preferred.
- Must be hands-on and can adapt quickly to different situations.
- Operates with minimal supervision and able to follow complex verbal and/or written work instructions.
- Perform jobs independently or as a team.
- Perform all duties in a safe, efficient, and cost effective manner.
Valid CA driver license preferred.
- Able to work with a diversified population and people with barriers to employment.
- Able to work efficiently, safely, and in a cost effective manner.
- Able to follow instructions and operate with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Standing and walking up to 7 hours. Some sitting may vary.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing, balancing, bending, and twisting required.
- Finger and manual dexterity required.
- Work inside and outside required.
- Work along and with others required.
- Vibrations, hazards (physical), fumes, dust, and odors:
- Extreme cold, heat, wet or humid conditions: