Retail District Manager
- The Retail District Manager reports to the Director of Sales and Operations.
- Responsible for all Sales activities assigned to stores, with an emphasis in maximizing sales and profitability.
Exemplary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Drives sales through store management and ensures the general operation of assigned stores meets company standards.
- Ensures store standards are met in the areas of customer service, safety, merchandise presentation, production, housekeeping, cash handling, banking, and business reporting.
- Assists with the preparation of annual sales and expense budgets.
- Manages store labor standards while maintaining payroll budget.
- Ensures store production goals are met to achieve sales/revenue objectives.
- Maximizes floor layouts to achieve sales per square foot goals.
- Develops and implements pricing strategies and sales events.
- Coordinates stores’ delivery and pickup, by transportation as needed.
- Identifies and resolves store supplies and equipment needs and maintenance issues.
- Approves accounting and timekeeping records.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coaching, development and evaluation of direct reports.
- Drives positive monthly sales budget goals and course corrects stores that are not meeting sales budget.
- Ensures that all stores are appropriately covered to open and close daily.
- Directs and coordinates merchandising standards based on donations.
- Ensures store staffing is maintained and sustained with talented leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma minimum, college preferred.
- Operations background helpful.
- Three – five years multi-unit retail supervisory experience required; thrift experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in both sales and store operations.
- New store opening and remodel experience preferred.
- Comprehension of forecasting, sales projections, and budgets.
- Understanding of current retail marketing and trends.
- Good Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Valid CA Driver’s License; clean, current DMV printout, and have current car insurance. Must provide own transportation to use on company business.
- Positive attitude.
- Gets things done.
- Dependable, consistent performance.
- Works well under pressure.
- Does good, actionable analysis.
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Results driven.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of people and with Department Directors.
Core Competencies I:
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies;
- Confidentiality – Understands and adheres to high level confidentially in all work related information, discussions and information sharing in all meetings of the board, and by upper level staff.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to Goodwill core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics, people and/or situations
- Task Management –Communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits employee feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others ideas and tries new things
- Verbal Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills effectively; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork –Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; promotes inclusiveness, puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Diversity –Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment. Must be able to work with diverse cultures, as well as those with barriers to employment, inclusive of disabled populations.
- Inclusion & Equality – Is inclusive, shows respect and sensitivity for all differences; gender, sexual orientation, and culture. Promotes equality in all aspects of work-life at Goodwill SOLAC
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standard of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Goodwill is a culturally diverse and inclusive organization.