• The Sales Associate/Material Handler is to assist store management in the daily operation of assigned retail store.
• He/she reports to Store Manager or Assistant Manager in Manager’s absence.
EXEMPLARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Sales Associate/Material Handler assists customers.
• He/she stocks and rotates merchandise.
• He/she runs cash register as assigned.
• He/she is responsible for accuracy of transactions when assigned to register, and adherence to company check and credit card procedures.
• He/she report safety hazards and all accidents to Manager or Assistant Manager IMMEDIATELY.
• He/she maintains store in a clean, orderly and safe manner which may include daily mopping of floors and related tasks as assigned.
• He/she assist in receiving new merchandise and processing of incoming merchandise.
• He/she provides customer service in a positive, professional and courteous manner.
• The Sales Associate/Material Handler may be cross-trained for other retail functions, required to perform assigned tasks to standards.
• He/she answer the telephone in a courteous manner.
• He/she attend general store meetings as assigned.
• He/she attend general departmental, and safety meeting as required.
• He/she is responsible for other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or its equivalent.
• Ability to read, write and understand simple instructions.
• Basic mathematical skills.
Some understanding of rendering customer service and working with the public desirable.
• Able to answer telephone.
• Use of cash register and calculator /10 key necessary.
• Accuracy of work essential.
• Able to lift, carry, push and pull at least 50 lbs.
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies;
Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics, people and/or situations
Project Management – Develops project plans, coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities
Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits employee feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others ideas and tries new things
Verbal Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills effectively; participates in meetings
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; promotes inclusiveness, puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment
• Fluent communication skills. Bilingual a plus.
• Cooperation with store personnel, direct supervisors and Division Director.
• Ability to serve customer effectively.
• Quantity and quality of work performed.
• Accuracy of records maintained.
• Ability to meet deadlines and respond to special needs.
• Ability to serve the public in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to follow simple instructions.
• Appearance and organization of assigned work station.
• Ability to perform some janitorial duties.