The Truck Driver drives company truck used for transporting goods from the distribution center, stores, ADCs, home pick ups and business pick ups. Reports to the Transportation Manager.
Exemplary Duties / Responsibilities:
The Truck Driver drives company truck to designated locations. He/she is responsible for safety of truck, material handler, and self. He/she is responsible to report unsafe conditions. He/she is responsible for completing daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections. He/she Pick ups donations from residences, businesses, ADCs, and stores. He/she is responsible for delivering all donated goods to the dock. He/she is responsible for delivering merchandise to stores. The Truck Driver serves as material handler loading and unloading truck. He/she is responsible for supervision of material handler while loading / unloading truck and making deliveries. Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull a maximum of 50 lbs. He/she cooperates with Transportation Manager, Commercial Operations Division Director, Co-Workers, and the Public. He/she is responsible for quantity and quality of work performed. He/she must have ability to meet deadlines and respond to special needs. He/she is responsible for ensuring the condition of the truck is in safe, proper working condition. He/She must attend Department and Safety meetings as required. He/she is responsible for other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent preferred.
- One to two years experience driving a Bobtail/Straight Truck 24 ft. or more.
- Previous position that has demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of a Bobtail truck.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to understand complex instructions.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of a Bobtail truck.
- General knowledge of area and ability to route and read a map preferred.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills. Bilingual plus.
- Cooperation with Division Directors.
- Ability to supervise material handler/driver helper when applicable.
- Ability to work with the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to remain consistent in performance and standards related to material handling.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
Valid California Driver’s License, clean driving record, current DMV printout, and be insurable.
**For additional job description and job requirements please refer to Attendant Donation Center Training Handbook**.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standard of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Goodwill is a culturally diverse and inclusive organization.