Security Guard Training Program
The Security Guard Training Program includes employment preparedness training, as well as, security guard training approved through the State of California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services. Upon program completion, graduates earn their California Security Guard certification. Graduates also provided the opportunity to interview with employers from the security industry.
Following program completion, graduates will receive:
- California State Guard Certification
- Loss Prevention Completion Certificate
- Powers to Arrest and Weapons of Mass Destruction Certificate
Interested program candidates must:
- Not have a criminal history (no felonies, misdemeanors or expungements)
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Complete and pass a reading and math test at the eighth grade level
- Be willing to training on evenings and weekends
- Be able to lift 75 pounds, stand for eight hours, walk and run
- Own a vehicle with proof of current automobile registration and insurance
This training program works with successful graduates for up to five years to assist them in locating higher level employment and training programs.
To learn more about the program, click here to download a PDF info sheet. To apply for the program online, click here.
For more information about the program or eligibility, please reach:
800 W. Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90806
562-435-3411, extension 201 or 260