Loss Prevention Training
The Loss Prevention Training Program provides skills training and instruction to enable individuals to take their first step toward getting a job in the criminal justice field as a loss prevention professional. Students will receive both classroom and on-the-job training throughout the five-week training program, which includes conducting real store surveillance and apprehension of shoplifters.
Program graduates have successfully received job placement as loss prevention agents. Graduates also have pursued careers in law enforcement, border patrol and other security positions.
Following program completion, graduates will receive:
- California State Guard Certification
- Loss Prevention Completion Certificate
- Powers to Arrest and Weapons of Mass Destruction Certificate
Interested program candidates must:
- Not have a criminal history (no felonies, misdemeanors or expungements)
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Complete and pass a reading and math test at the eighth grade level
- Be willing to training on evenings and weekends
- Be able to lift 75 pounds, stand for eight hours, walk and run
- Own a vehicle with proof of current automobile registration and insurance
This training program works with successful graduates for up to five years to assist them in locating higher level employment and training programs.
To learn more about the program, click here to download a PDF info sheet. To apply for the program online, click here.
For more information about the program or eligibility, please reach:
800 W. Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90806
562-435-3411, extension 201 or 260